Getting started with Read&Write
The Texthelp Academy contains everything you need to become an expert in using Read&Write.
In this guide, we’ll walk you through how to best use the learning resources in Read&Write Academy so that you and your colleagues can get to know Read&Write. Read the whole guide, or just dip into the sections that are relevant to you.
Introduce staff to Read&Write
Now that you know how to install Read&Write, it’s time to start introducing it across your school. Let’s start with staff.
Academy is a comprehensive resource for learning about all Read&Write and how to use it in your classroom. Here's what we recommend sharing from it to introduce staff to Read&Write:
- Intro to Read&Write features a short introductory video and interactive feature tours, making it the perfect place to start learning about how Read&Write can work in the classroom.
- Watch specific Feature Tour videos in Academy for a closer look at how each feature works.
- How To Articles includes bite-sized articles and FAQs that show staff how to get the most out of Read&Write.
- Identify educators to become Read&Write experts - select educators from different areas of the school, district, or campus to encourage widespread adoption
- Find early classroom adopters of Read&Write to determine best practices/use-cases to share with colleagues
- Use internal message boards, or the school intranet to encourage educators to share their findings, ask questions, etc.
Rolling out Read&Write across the school
There are millions of Read&Write users around the globe. Below, we provide you with suggestions on how to roll out Read&Write to both educators and students.
- Have your Read&Write champions and early adopters train colleagues. The Train-the-Trainer materials have everything you need to help appoint these champions, and then equip them with the materials needed to train everyone in your school.
- For more in-depth training, the Training Guide is a user manual with step-by-step instructions and practice exercises for all the tools in Read&Write.
- The Learning Resources contain useful resources and guides to help staff continue to deepen their knowledge of Read&Write
- Webinars are a great way to help staff learn more about Read&Write
- Create your own internal promotional pieces using our Promote Usage materials for guidance
- Set up Lunch & Learn days to review specific features of the tool
- Include training for new hires
- Encourage teachers to spend a few minutes in class introducing new features.
- Show students this introductory video that is specifically designed to give students an overview of Read&Write. This will help them start to become familiarized with their new learning tool.
- Identify students to become Read&Write champions and set up peer mentoring
- Include training during orientations
- Use the school intranet/LMS to share resources and success stories for students and parents
Read&Write Training Guide
New software can be a bit daunting. But don’t worry, we have training resources that can help at each stage.
The Read&Write Training Guide is your user manual packed full of exercises, instructions, guides and examples to help you and your colleagues become experts in Read&Write.
Across Academy, we also recommend using the Train-the-Trainer materials to help you appoint trainers or champions. These colleagues will be equipped with everything they need to help train everyone in using Read&Write.
Texthelp Certification Program
The Texthelp Certification Program is a great way to demonstrate advanced knowledge of Read&Write. The Program is divided into two levels:
Level 1 is for anyone who knows the basic functions of Read&Write’s tools and would like to display their expertise as a Certified User. It’s particularly useful for anyone that’s asked to demonstrate usage of Read&Write to students, educators, or colleagues.
Level 2 is for anyone who would like to validate their expertise and learn how to apply Read&Write for real-world needs.
Our tools help schools all over the world. Hear some of their stories, and discover what Read&Write has done for them by choosing ‘Read&Write for Education’ under Categories.
Want to see Read&Write in action and in our classrooms? Hear directly from students and teachers on how Read&Write has changed how they work, understand and learn.
Our Read&Write Support Site is full of information that will help you and your colleagues get the most out of Read&Write.
The Support Site is broken out by platform so you can get specific articles for Read&Write for Google Chrome, Windows, Mac, iPad or Android.
If you can’t find the Support article you’re looking for, you can always contact our Tech Support team at email@example.com with additional questions.
If you want to learn more about a certain product, each one has its own dedicated learning platform in the Academy. We recommend starting with the Intro section for each product, where you’ll find a short introductory video.