Getting started with OrbitNote
The Texthelp Academy contains everything you need to become an expert in using OrbitNote.
In this guide, we’ll walk you through how to best use the learning resources in OrbitNote Academy so that you and your colleagues can get to know OrbitNote. Read the whole guide, or just dip into the sections that are relevant to you.
If you’ve got any more questions, don't hesitate to reach out to your dedicated customer success team.
Now, let's explore how to use the Texthelp Academy to introduce your staff and students to OrbitNote.
Introduce staff to OrbitNote
Now that you know how to install OrbitNote, it’s time to start introducing it across your school. Let’s start with staff.
Academy is a comprehensive resource for learning about all OrbitNote and how to use it in your classroom. Here's what we recommend sharing from it to introduce staff to OrbitNote.
- Intro to OrbitNote features an overview of OrbitNote and a short introductory video, making it the perfect place to start learning about how it can work in the classroom.
- Watch specific Feature Tour videos in Academy for a closer look at how each feature works.
- How To Articles includes bite-sized articles and FAQs that show staff how to get the most out of OrbitNote.
- Identify educators to become OrbitNote experts - select educators from different areas of the school, district, or campus to encourage widespread adoption
- Find early classroom adopters of OrbitNote to determine best practices/use-cases to share with colleagues
- Use internal message boards, or the school intranet to encourage educators to share their findings, ask questions, etc.
Rolling out OrbitNote across the school
Next, let’s go over some suggestions on how to roll out OrbitNote to both educators and students.
- Have your OrbitNote champions and early adopters train colleagues. The Train-the-Trainer materials have everything you need to help appoint these champions, and then equip them with the materials needed to train everyone in your school.
- The Quick Reference Guide contains an overview of OrbitNote’s tools to help you get to grips with the features.
- Webinars are a great way to help staff learn more about OrbitNote
- Create your own internal promotional pieces using our Promote Usage materials for guidance
- Set up Lunch & Learn days to review specific features of the tool
- Include training for new hires
- Encourage teachers to spend a few minutes in class introducing new features.
- Identify students to become OrbitNote champions and set up peer mentoring
- Include training during orientations
- Use the school intranet/LMS to share resources and success stories for students and parents
New software can be a bit daunting. But don’t worry, we have training resources that can help at each stage.
The OrbitNote Training Guide is your user manual packed full of exercises, instructions, guides and examples to help you and your colleagues become experts in OrbitNote.
Across Academy, we also recommend using the Train-the-Trainer materials to help you appoint trainers or champions. These colleagues will be equipped with everything they need to help train everyone in using OrbitNote.
If you want to learn more about a certain product, each one has its own dedicated learning platform in the Academy. We recommend starting with the Intro section for each product, where you’ll find a short introductory video.