Getting started with Co:Writer
The Texthelp Academy contains everything you need to become an expert in using Co:Writer.
In this guide, we’ll walk you through how to best use the learning resources in Co:Writer Academy so that you and your colleagues can get to know Co:Writer. Read the whole guide, or just dip into the sections that are relevant to you.
Introduce staff to Co:Writer
Now that you know how to install Co:Writer, it’s time to start introducing it across your school. Let’s start with staff.
Academy is a comprehensive resource for learning about all Co:Writer and how to use it in your classroom. Here's what we recommend sharing from it to introduce staff to Co:Writer:
- Intro to Co:Writer features short introductory videos, making it the perfect place to start learning about how Co:Writer can work in the classroom.
- Watch specific Feature Tour videos in Academy for a closer look at how each feature works.
- How To Articles includes bite-sized articles and FAQs that show staff how to get the most out of Co:Writer.
- Identify educators to become Co:Writer experts - select educators from different areas of the school, district, or campus to encourage widespread adoption
- Find early classroom adopters of Co:Writer to determine best practices/use-cases to share with colleagues
- Use internal message boards, or the school intranet to encourage educators to share their findings, ask questions, etc.
Rolling out Co:Writer across the school
Next, let’s go over some suggestions on how to roll out Co:Writer to both educators and students.
- Have your Co:Writer champions and early adopters train colleagues. The Train-the-Trainer materials have everything you need to help appoint these champions, and then equip them with the materials needed to train everyone in your school.
- The Learning Resources contain useful resources and guides to help staff continue to deepen their knowledge of Co:Writer
- Webinars are a great way to help staff learn more about Co:Writer
- Create your own internal promotional pieces using our Promote Usage materials for guidance
- Set up Lunch & Learn days to review specific features of the tool
- Include training for new hires
- Encourage teachers to spend a few minutes in class introducing new features.
- Identify students to become Co:Writer champions and set up peer mentoring
- Include training during orientations
- Use the school intranet/LMS to share resources and success stories for students and parents
New software can be a bit daunting. But don’t worry, we have training resources that can help at each stage.
The Quick Reference Guide contains an overview of Co:Writer's tools to help you get to grips with the features.
Across Academy, we also recommend using the Train-the-Trainer materials to help you appoint trainers or champions. These colleagues will be equipped with everything they need to help train everyone to use Co:Writer.
If you want to learn more about a certain product, each one has its own dedicated learning platform in the Academy. We recommend starting with the Intro section for each product, where you’ll find a short introductory video.