Getting started with ClaroRead
The Texthelp Academy contains everything you need to become an expert in using ClaroRead
In this guide, we’ll walk you through how to best use the learning resources in ClaroRead Academy so that you and your colleagues can get to know ClaroRead. Read the whole guide, or just dip into the sections that are relevant to you.
Introduce staff to ClaroRead
Now that you know how to install ClaroRead, it’s time to start introducing it across your school. Let’s start with staff.
Academy is a comprehensive resource for learning about all ClaroRead and how to use it in your classroom. Here's what we recommend sharing from it to introduce staff to ClaroRead:
- Intro to ClaroRead features a short introductory video and interactive feature tours, making it the perfect place to start learning about how ClaroRead can work in the classroom.
- Watch specific Feature Tour videos in Academy for a closer look at how each feature works.
- How To Articles include bite-sized articles and FAQs that show staff how to get the most out of ClaroRead.
- Identify educators to become ClaroRead experts - select educators from different areas of the school, university or campus to encourage widespread adoption
- Find early classroom adopters of ClaroRead to determine best practices/use-cases to share with colleagues
- Use internal message boards, or the school intranet to encourage educators to share their findings, ask questions, etc.
Rolling out ClaroRead across the school
Next, let’s go over some suggestions on how to roll out ClaroRead to both educators and students.
- Have your ClaroRead champions and early adopters train colleagues. The Train-the-Trainer materials have everything you need to help appoint these champions, and then equip them with the materials needed to train everyone in your school.
- For more in-depth training, the Training Guide is a user manual with step-by-step instructions and practice exercises for all the tools in ClaroRead.
- Webinars are a great way to help staff learn more about ClaroRead
- Create your own internal promotional pieces using our Promote Usage materials for guidance
- Set up Lunch & Learn days to review specific features of the tool
- Include training for new hires
- Encourage teachers to spend a few minutes in class introducing new features
- Identify students to become ClaroRead champions and set up peer mentoring
- Include training during orientations
- Use the school intranet/LMS to share resources and success stories for students and parents
ClaroRead Training Materials
New software can be a bit daunting. But don’t worry, we are here to help at each stage.
The ClaroRead Training Guide contains step-by-step instructions and feature overviews to help your and your colleagues get to know ClaroRead
Across Academy, we also recommend using the Train-the-Trainer materials to help you appoint trainers or champions. These colleagues will be equipped with everything they need to help train everyone to use ClaroRead.
If you want to learn more about a certain product, each one has its own dedicated learning platform in the Academy. We recommend starting with the Intro section for each product, where you’ll find a short introductory video.